Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Seeing Red...

As I sit in the Wee Garden, looking over all that will be dinner...haha... the thing that catches my eye most is the Beefsteak tomatoes.  They are starting to ripen, and we expect to eat the first ones sometime this week! My mouth waters at the thought of garden fresh, ripe beefsteaks! 
Is there any thing better? Maybe, I am not sure. But I do know,  probably not this week!


We've had fresh salad greens for months now, even enough to share. The Zucchini and Yellow squash were wonderful. We've eaten carrots... and they were oh so sweet!  We've had purple potatoes, a little disappointing, but they still gave us that satisfaction of having grown them ourselves!

We use fresh picked basil, cilantro, chives, and oregano on a regular basis, and the cayenetta peppers have been a spicy bit of heaven.

Nothing compares to the anticipation of those first vine ripened, fresh picked, homegrown tomatoes... Once again, my mouth is watering!

That is how the Wee Garden grows today!
Thanks for reading...
And Oh, by the way, 
GO PLANT SOMETHING!
Claudia



No comments:

Post a Comment